Sunday 17 February 2008

St John's Road, from 37 bus, 16th February 2008


And about ten minutes later, a second pink escape. Its colour and heart shape make it even more obvious that this was a Valentine's reject. To see two in ten minutes is rare - maybe Clapham is a particular hotspot of dashed romance.

I was actually on the phone when I saw this, but couldn't resist taking it, so slipped back the lens cover and took the shot anyway, mid-conversation. That action didn't hang up as I imagined it would, but as I expected it to and thus stopped talking, my friend hung up after a few "hello?"s to the background bus noise. I rang back having taken it. As she, like most, has no idea about all this, I brushed the moment aside as an obscure technical glitch with the phone.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: