Tuesday 21 April 2009

Chandos Place, 19th April 2009


Back in London later that afternoon, but there was no let-up. It was a rare moment of being incommunicado, as my phone battery had died immediately after my arrival back in London. I was meeting friends for dinner but the plan was on a text message and I only had a vague memory of where we were meeting - I knew the restaurant began with "W" and the street had a "Chandos" in it.

Hopefully, I wandered to the Chandos part of town looking out for a restaurant beginning with "W". I was walking idly looking up, and there suddenly was a red bunch hanging in my eyeline. So mentally fixated on Ws and dead phones was I that I very nearly forgot to take a photo, but fished my bar camera from my pocket to grab the day's fourth sighting.

Even better, I ran into my friends, or vice versa anyway. I'd just taken my gaze down from this cluster when I was hailed from across the road. They were loitering outside the restaurant, and had seen a man taking photos of balloons. One said to me, "We were wondering what someone was doing taking a photo of balloons when I twigged it was you". That made me smile as much as finding them.

Incidentally, the restaurant was called Wahaca, and decent it was too.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: