Wednesday 9 June 2010

Off Carlton Vale, 9th June 2010


I wasn't expecting to get this. I spotted it from a car on the way home from work, a rare lift from my workmate and temporary landlady. I mentioned it with glee tinged with resignation as we swept past on the roundabout, but she indulged me, bless her, and pulled over nearby, allowing me to run back and snap it before we continued home.

You know who your friends are when they stop cars for balloons, but I knew she was long before that. She's not to be a landlady for much longer though, as a flat seen a few hours earlier passed muster. I wonder how Kentish Town will fare for balloons.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that was nice of her. Yellow is the colour of hope and friendship and I love that the yellow balloon was in front of a blue door. Great contrast.

Ben said...

Thanks Luna, that's very kind. If you see one yourself wherever you are I'd be delighted to include it!

Unknown said...

Oh Hello Eltanin :) I wish I read your reply days ago. I only just got a chance to check back in. I did manage to see a red balloon bouncing along in the car park of the Trinidad Marriot a few days ago and thought of you and your blog. Next time I'll snap a photo. Thanks! :)

Ben said...

Thanks, that would be wonderful! Good luck!

Unknown said...

Hi Eltanin :)
I have a photo for you. Can you send me your email address?
Luna

Ben said...

Oh Luna that's brilliant, thank you! My address is 1benjones@gmail.com - I'm away this weekend but I'll add it next week. Cheers!