Saturday 2 October 2010

Kentish Town Road, 16th September 2010

Initially I only saw the yellow one, which was rolling and bouncing up the busy street as I was buying meat. I dipped out of the shop to snap it from across the street, thinking it would be short-lived. That was not the case, and it dodged the oblivious or obliging crowds and made its way northwards as I followed, meat in one hand, camera in the other.

And at the top of the road there was the red, rolling independently in traffic and autumn rain. I hurriedly captured that too, as it looked even more precarious amongst the cars, but gusts and the wakes of the vehicles combined to see them briefly together, close enough for a close shot, which, by even greater coincidence, contained complementary-coloured post bags and road markings. Some you win...


As I left the scene smiling the yellow remained, but the red succumbed at last to a car.

No comments: