Thursday 30 December 2010

Trinity Square, Toronto, 23rd December 2010

I was home in London on this day, but Luna was far further from hers, snowbound but still snapping in the cold north of the western hemisphere. Thanks again! This is much more what I had in mind when I craved snowbound balloons, so it's a pleasure to add it to my own gritty ditch in the winter's haul. This is how it happened:

"I'm here until the 5th of January with my Dad visiting his brother who had a bad fall. Today I went exploring on my own, something that is not such a safe thing to do in Trinidad, so understandably my Dad was worried. But with the understanding that Toronto is fairly safe, I set out to find Trinity Square to walk the Labyrinth. I found it easily enough and as I was halfway through the labyrinth, the wind picked up and within a whirlwind of brown leaves was a blue balloon! I had to re-focus and concentrate on finishing the labyrinth, thinking of my Uncle and sending positive energy to him. Then I ran (well, gingerly stepped) across the snowy walk, to find the balloon. There he was, a bit deflated but ready for his close up."

That's some good ginger stepping. Thanks again, hope your uncle's on the mend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yay! Happy New Year Ben :)
May your new year be filled with love, joy, magic, and lotsa balloons from all over the world :)
Luna